Thursday 3 May 2012

100% Pure South African Talent: Lungelo Nic Ngobese



Today, I have the pleasure of writing about a really good friend. He is extremely talented in the art of putting together strings of words and creating a masterpiece. Nic, as we know him, is not only a brilliant writer but also has a really artistic mind when it comes to pouring out his heart into his pen only to etch eternal words of poetry that will make butterflies flutter around in your tummy and leave that warm fuzziness in your being...watch out for him guys.

I had the privilege of sifting through some of his material recently, and this bloke is so frickin’ talented. So, a while ago, Nic handed me a manuscript. “This is not complete, just go through it and tell me what you think”, he said. Little did I know what I was in store for!! He proved to be a powerhouse of talent. I sat with the raw manuscript in my hands and was thrilled by the choice of words he used, by the thought structure and especially the authenticity.

Anyone who knows this man will tell you that he is extremely modest, shy and most of all, humble. Nic has been called a “gentleman” time and time again and this reputation is tagged with his most polite mannerisms and the respect with which he treats everyone around him. A simple act like getting the door for a lady, or offering you his jacket when you are feeling cold, or, just letting someone have the last say. This, friends, is the brilliant-minded author I am telling you about. He is a paradox of modesty & immense talented. Nic takes his work very seriously and is open to all types of criticism. The mark of a true star, I think.

Well done on journeying toward your dream, Nic. I guess I should take your autograph now!!

(Watch this space for more news on this promising young writer!!)

-S

No comments: