Wednesday 4 April 2012

Are VW driver’s really retarded?

Hello friends,
Today I am, unfortunately, writing about a peeve of mine...


 "Napoleon complex is an informal term describing an alleged type of inferiority complex which is said to affect some people, especially men. The term is also used more generally to describe people who are driven by a perceived handicap to overcompensate in other aspects of their lives.”

“An inferiority complex, often used to mean low self-esteem, is a feeling of intense insecurity, inferiority or of not measuring up. It can be seen in the negative or "useless" reactions to problems in life. Although the inferiority complex may be seen as comparing individuals or groups as one being superior to another, it more closely describes how one deals with a fear of failure.”

There we are, cruising away at an acceptable speed limit, when our solace is shattered by the flickering of diminutive circumferences of headlights annoying the shit outta me...and there we go people. It has begun. We look at our review mirrors and see a tiny VW Citi Golf screeching up behind us, flicking its lights and hand-signalling us...and this is where I go “What the fuck?” I mean do you realise that you are trying to hurry up a Mercedes Benz??? I mean how fast can you go before your engine suffers an asthmatic attack? And this is NOT the first time this has happened to my husband and I. He simply shakes his head in amazement while I burn holes through the bonnet with my bare eyes!!
Most often these mindboggling incidents take place on the N2, so the drive home is never short of entertainment. That being said, it leaves one wondering about the actual brain capacity of these people. Yesterday, one of these cars was hooting behind a BMW to get out of the way. Of course, the speed limit is 120, the BMW is going at approximately 130 or 140 and there you have this little bug behind him, nudging at his behind to hurry along. All this happening, us watching and suddenly the BMW swiftly accelerates leaving the bug in the dust. I smile, oh I just smile to myself, while the Captain of the bug has this befuddled look on his face...like “what just happened?”
Are you genuinely surprised or just playing dense, dude?
Now, don’t get me wrong. I have friends who drive VW’s and they are sane, from what I can tell. And I know that not everyone behaves like this, but I swear 99% of these people just don’t get it. By now, we all understand that the persistence of a VW driver can never be undermined. So how many of you reading this are wearing caps right now?
-S

No comments: