Wednesday 11 April 2012

Senseless rambling bitch, on Facebook


I saw a comment on Facebook, the morning of a very important Hindu celebration (Hanuman Jayanti), 6 April 2012. Now it pains me to see how people with such little brain power actually make it through the day...let alone life.
I’m going to paraphrase...”What did Hanuman do that he is sharing the day with Jesus Christ? Was he nailed to the cross? Did he die for people?....Who the hell is he...?
I WILL NOT justify this, nor will I retaliate in throwing insults back as it is not the way I was raised. I was taught that just because someone is different does not mean that you should criticise or distance yourself from them. If anything, embrace the change...coz there is a lot you can learn from someone who isn’t like you.
The way I see it, a decent self-respecting people are brought up to respect other people’s cultures, religions and ways of life. Even if you don’t understand it – you are taught that by respecting the traditions or social behaviour of other people, it’ll promote tolerance and the world will be a better place. Somewhat at least!! Well, it is NOT working people. Coz the last time I checked, despite huge aspects like globalisation, abolishing of the apartheid system, and the inevitable increase in us being a multicultural society, the world is still a pretty awful place. (This is in reference to the monkey who was dense enough to write about something she has no fucking clue about.)
I mean, I consider myself very knowledgably when it comes to other religions and customs, but I will admit that because religion is so vast, you will never ever really “know it all”. Still, I respect everyone’s chosen way of life, or...I shut up if I have nothing nice to say. Not only is it tactless to belittle someone or something you have no knowledge on – but you are also contravening the Constitution, you moron.
Maybe there just aren’t enough people who have decent upbringings out there. Or maybe people simply lack the imagination to truly allow themselves to understand and respect another person. Or, most likely, the some people are just bigoted assholes.
I will not step down to your level, girl, and pick on Christianity or anything for that matter, because unlike you, I am not an idiot. And anyone with half a brain knows that in Hinduism, dates change constantly, and an auspicious date is recalculated every year according to calendars (which have a different number of days in the month as opposed to the western calendar) as well in accordance with the alignment of the moon and other sightings as well. This is not a lesson & and I am not your fucking teacher – you should have done your homework, instead of now appearing intellectually challenged.
So, stop being ignorant, you goat!!
-S

No comments: